For my Tuesday, June 3 catch-up post for the Article Writing Challenge, I was supposed to write a “Top 10” list. I have done this kind of list before, with 30 things, so choosing 10 shouldn’t be too difficult. So unless you’re a family member or close friend or a mutual Facebook group member…here are my “Top 10” things you may not know about me!
Hubby Dave and me, with our pup, Desi!
1. I’m happily married (third time’s the charm) to the love of my life, Dave, and we live in Maine with our “fur babies.”
2. They include our 20-month-old pup, Desiree Clementine (Desi), a beautiful Plott hound with brindle markings, and SIX cats — yes, 6, although five of them arrived as a litter of feral kittens almost five years ago–and we just couldn’t part with any of them.
The feral kittens in their “kitty condo” that Dave built for them, in 2009.
3. I grew up in Gilford, New Hampshire within walking distance of Lake Winnipesaukee, and what is NOW the Meadowbrook Concert Pavilion. I was also within a few miles of Gunstock Mountain Resort and only about a half hour from what was THEN Bryar Motorsports Park in Loudon – NOW known as NH Motor Speedway.
My first and only race in person (so far) in 2012 –
“Just happened” to have seats within view of Dale Jr.’s pit box!
5. I have four adult “kids” ranging in age from 24 to 32; my son is the oldest and then three beautiful daughters. All have spouses or significant others in their lives, AND I became a grandmother in 2012 to a precious granddaughter…and a second granddaughter is on the way in a couple months!
6. Dave and I went on our first trip together – first flight, first international traveling adventure – in November 2013, to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic to attend my middle daughter’s wedding.
Group photo of all family and friends who made the trip for Jen and Andrew’s wedding!
7. I am in my 7th year as a freelance writer and educational consultant; I have over 3,000 articles published online, recently co-authored a soon-to-be released book, and have helped develop about a dozen courses for various clients.
8. I have written one book so far, a compilation of stories about my own Dad–gone since 2002–with contributions from others about their fathers. It’s called Fatherly Reflections, available at Amazon for only $2.99 – download it in time for a nice Father’s Day gift! 😉
9. I have a custom quilt business, K-Lee’s Kreations, specializing in adding imprinted photos for truly personal, memorable items. I make quilts, pillows, bags, and other fabric items.
Pillow made as a special gift for a young lady with a good prognosis over cancer.
10. I became a doctoral candidate in March 2014 when I passed my comprehensive exams for my Doctor of Education (EdD) degree with Northcentral University. I am currently working on my dissertation examining whether more effective online course development focused on meaningful learning activities—paired with engaging, interactive, and innovative online delivery methods—will satisfy the needs of adult learners engaged in online education.
So there you are–my Top 10 list! 🙂
Did you know all these things about me? Are any of them a surprise?