Have you ever written a “Top 10” list about yourself? I have done this kind of list before, with 30 things, so choosing 10 shouldn’t be too difficult. So unless you’re a family member or close friend or a mutual Facebook group member…here are my “Top 10” things you may not know about me!
Hubby Dave and me, with our oldest pup, Desi!
1. I’m happily married (third time’s the charm) to the love of my life, Dave, and we live in Maine with our “fur babies.”
2. Our fur babies include our 4-year-old pup, Desiree Clementine (Desi), a beautiful Plott hound with brindle markings; Zoe Lee (Zoe or Zozo), a 2 1/2-year-old black lab/whippet pup; and EIGHT cats — yes, 8! Five of them arrived as a litter of feral kittens about 7 years ago–and after socializing them, we just couldn’t part with any of them. Then after losing our oldest cat, Mack, last November to congestive heart failure at 10 1/2 years old, we adopted three more little ones who were rescue kittens. Our vet tech does rescue/fostering work on the side, and had rescued a pregnant mama cat from “death row” at a high-kill facility; mama cat had a litter of 5. Our vet tech found homes for two of them and we took in the other three! They just turned a year old on September 1.
3. I grew up in Gilford, New Hampshire within walking distance of Lake Winnipesaukee, and what is NOW the Bank of NH Concert Pavilion. I was also within a few miles of Gunstock Mountain Resort and only about a half hour from what was THEN Bryar Motorsports Park in Loudon – NOW known as NH Motor Speedway.
4. I was NOT a NASCAR fan when I lived close enough to easily go to the races…NOW I am, since I’ve been with Dave, even though we have to travel about 3 1/2 hours to get there now! GO DALE JR!! 🙂 (Well, go NEXT year – sadly, he’s out recovering from a concussion for the rest of this season! 🙁 )
5. I have four adult “kids” ranging in age from almost 27 to almost 35 (three of them have fall birthdays); my son is the oldest and then three beautiful daughters. Three have spouses and one has a significant other in their lives, AND I became a grandmother in 2012 to my first precious granddaughter…and a second granddaughter in 2014… and granddaughter #3 is on the way in mid-December!
6. Dave and I went on our first trip together – first flight, first international traveling adventure – in November 2013, to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, to attend my middle daughter’s wedding.
7. I am in my 8th year as a freelance writer and educational consultant; I have over 3,200 articles published online, and have helped develop about 15 courses for various clients.
8. I have written one book so far, a compilation of stories about my own Dad–gone since 2002–with contributions from others about their fathers. It’s called Fatherly Reflections, available at Amazon for only $2.99. I also co-authored a second book, with Dr. Christine Mason of the Center for Educational Improvement, entitled “Heart Beaming.”
My first book.
9. I have a home-based business, K-Lee’s Kreations, specializing in adding imprinted photos for truly personal, memorable items. I make customized quilts, pillows, bags, and other fabric items.
Pillow made as a special gift for a young lady
who won her battle with cancer
(her mother is a fellow writer).
10. I became a doctoral candidate in March 2014 when I passed my comprehensive exams for my Doctor of Education (EdD) degree with Northcentral University. I am currently approaching the end of my nearly 7-year-long journey, as I await Institutional Review Board (IRB) and study site approval. Once I receive those approvals, I can conduct my study entitled “Identifying Online Graduate Learners’ Perceived Barriers to Their Academic Success Utilizing a Delphi Study.” Upon completion of my study, I can wrap up my dissertation manuscript, defend my dissertation in an oral presentation, and officially become Dr. K. Lee Banks! 🙂
So there you are–my Top 10 list! 🙂
Did you know all these things about me?
Are any of them a surprise?