Reflecting on February
Somebody cue the “Twilight Zone” theme song…or maybe it’s the Matrix, if you have a sense of deja vu…I can nearly repeat word for word my end of January post!
It is the last day of February 2013 – how did this happen? Where did the time go?
I had so many plans to succeed this month, especially in better time management and blogging every day, as well as reading and commenting on other people’s blogs – and interacting with those of you who are kind enough to read and comment here!
It has once again been a busy month, due to deadlines for my instructional design work and wrapping up my first dissertation research course for my Ed.D. program. I once again had to prioritize my time, and concentrate on paid freelance work and schoolwork, instead of more leisurely and fun blog writing!
Anyway, I have decided the last day of the month is a good time to reflect on some highlights (good and bad) from February:
- February 9th – This was my dear hubby’s birthday — unfortunately, the day also featured the arrival of Blizzard Nemo!
- February 11th – This was hubby’s and my 7th anniversary, although it was also our 10th February together.
- February 12th – My beautiful granddaughter Chloe turned 5 months old – and even cuter, some how!
- February 13th – Our new puppy, Desi, turned 4 months old.
- February 14th – Valentine’s Day.
- February 23rd-24th – Another snowstorm – nearly a foot of new snow! Oh, and it was also the start of a new NASCAR season!!
- February 27-28 – Yes, February is going out with a roar, about the same way it arrived – or March is coming in like a lion! We had another snowstorm yesterday, another several inches of snow – then freezing drizzle today.
Anyway – that’s a summary of my month of February. Two months of 2013 gone by already. On to March tomorrow, with new opportunities to be more successful. March is my birthday month and I am determined that March will also be my “Make It Happen” month: manage my time better, be more efficient in my freelance work, get my creative business up and running again, AND … blog more consistently!
How about you? How was your February?