Just watched my favorite football team, the New England Patriots, win against the Baltimore Ravens, so they will go onto their 4th straight AFC Championship game (and hopefully win that one and go onto win the Super Bowl!) 🙂
Didn’t know I was a football fan? Well, I guess it’s time to re-introduce a past post and tell you 10 other things about me that you might not know!
The writing prompt from the Ultimate Blog Challenge for day 10 of January is:
Day 10: Lists
People love Top 10 or Top 20 lists.
Share a list of Top somethings…
So unless you’re a family member or close friend or a mutual Facebook group member…here are my “Top 10” things you may not know about me!
1. I’m happily married (third time’s the charm) to the love of my life, Dave, and we live in Maine with our “fur babies.” We met through online dating in December 2002, and then met in person in January 2003 and have been together ever since! I moved from New Hampshire to Maine in May 2003, and we got married in February 2006.
2. Our fur babies include our 2-year 3 month-old pup, Desiree Clementine (Desi), a beautiful Plott hound with brindle markings; our 1-year old pup, Zoe Lee, a black lab; and SIX cats — yes, 6, although five of them arrived as a litter of feral kittens almost five years ago–and we just couldn’t part with any of them. Mack is our almost 10-year-old Maine coon cat who we have had for a few years.
3. I grew up in Gilford, New Hampshire within walking distance of Lake Winnipesaukee, and what is NOW the Meadowbrook Concert Pavilion. I was also within a few miles of Gunstock Mountain Resort and only about a half hour from what was THEN Bryar Motorsports Park in Loudon – NOW known as NH Motor Speedway.
5. I have four adult “kids” ranging in age from 25 to 33; my son is the oldest and then three beautiful daughters. I also have two sons-in-law and a daughter-in-law, AND I am also a grandmother to two beautiful granddaughters!
6. Dave and I went on our first trip together – first flight, first international traveling adventure – in November 2013, to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic to attend my middle daughter’s wedding.
7. I am beginning my 8th year as a freelance writer and educational consultant; I have over 3,000 articles published online; have written one book and recently co-authored my second book, entitled Heart Beaming; and have helped develop about 15 courses for various clients.
8. My first book was a compilation of stories about my own Dad–gone since 2002–with contributions from others about their fathers. It’s called Fatherly Reflections, available at Amazon for only $2.99.
9. I have a custom quilt business, K-Lee’s Kreations, specializing in adding imprinted photos for truly personal, memorable items. I make quilts, pillows, bags, and other fabric items.
10. I became a doctoral candidate in March 2014 when I passed my comprehensive exams for my Doctor of Education (EdD) degree with Northcentral University. I am currently working on my dissertation examining whether more effective online course development focused on meaningful learning activities—paired with engaging, interactive, and innovative online delivery methods—will satisfy the needs of adult learners engaged in online education.
So there you are–my Top 10 list! 🙂
Did you know all these things about me? Are any of them a surprise?