It’s Monday again. Are you feeling the Monday blues? Today’s Ultimate Blog Challenge writing prompt is to create a “TOP 10″ list… and I just happen to have a previously published “Top 10″ list of Joyce Meyer quotes on confidence. It has been one of my most popular posts, so I thought I would share it again!
Do you lack confidence in any areas of your life? I admit this is often a struggle for me in some areas of life for various reasons. I am slowly learning to focus on my strengths and accomplishments as a means to combat those feelings of little confidence. I find it’s also helpful to read and apply encouraging advice about how to build confidence in our lives.
So on that note, here is my own selection of my favorite TOP 10 confidence-building quotes by Joyce Meyer from one of the devotional books I read frequently.
I am a big fan of Joyce Meyer, one of the most well-known Bible teachers and motivational speakers of her era, who is also a #1 New York Times bestselling author with more than 80 inspirational books, as well as thousands of audio teachings and a video library. Her down to earth, practical teaching is such a unique blend of common sense and amazing revelation that it often leaves you laughing, crying, or both – or simply saying, “Huh!”- as you wonder why you never “got” it before! In my Words of Encouragement blog, I routinely share and reflect on quotes from her various books I own (and obtained permission from her ministry to do so).
One of her many books that I own is The Confident Woman Devotional. In this day and age when so many aspects of life seem to be on shaky ground, it’s often difficult to build or maintain confidence in our abilities, ourselves, and our lives. Instead, we often get hung up on the failures of the past and worry about the future, which impairs our ability to live successfully in the present.
~*~ TOP 10 CONFIDENCE QUOTES ~*~
Here are 10 of my favorite confidence-building quotes by Joyce Meyer from the above mentioned book (and it was hard to choose ONLY 10!):
1. “What is confidence? I believe confidence is all about being positive concerning what you can do – and not worrying over what you can’t do.”
2. “Confident people do not concentrate on their weaknesses; they develop and maximize their strengths.”
3. “Doing what is right when we don’t have feelings supporting us builds strong character in us. Intelligence and talents are God’s gifts, but character is developed.“
4. “Our thoughts and words about ourselves are tremendously important. In order to overcome the negative thinking and speaking that have been such a natural part of our lifestyle for so long, we must make a conscious effort to meditate on and speak positive things about ourselves.”
5. “If you will do what you can do, God will do what you cannot do. Doors will open, a way will be made, and creative ideas will come. You will also inspire others to do what they can do, and even though each person can only do a little, together we can make a big difference.“
6. “Besides the huge disappointments that occur when we fail to get the job or promotion or house we wanted, little disappointments can create frustration, which in turn may lead to bigger problems that can produce a great deal of damage. Practice dealing with disappointments as they come, and they will not pile up into a mountain.”
7. “Insecurity, self-doubt, and fear can totally prevent us from ever reaching our full potential…. Where there is potential, all the parts necessary for success are there, but they are not yet put into action. Potential cannot manifest without form. What stands in the space between potential and manifestation? I believe it is three things: time, determination, and hard work!”
8. “We need to have a sense of triumph. Sometimes our confidence is shaken when trials come, especially if they are lengthy. We should have so much confidence in God’s love for us that no matter what comes against us, we know deep inside that we are more than conquerors. Be confident that during the trial, you will learn something that will help you in the future.“
9. “If we really understood the power of words, I think we would change the way we talk. Our talk should be confident and bold, not fearful. Fearful talk not only affects us in an adverse way, but it affects those around us. Don’t underestimate the power of words.”
10. “Your pain can become someone else’s gain. Your mess can become your ministry if you will have a positive attitude and decide to let everything you go through prepare you for what is ahead.”
“It is a new day. There are no hindrances.
The door is wide open for you to realize your dreams.
Walk confidently into your future and never look back!
~~ Joyce Meyer
So What About YOU?
So what do think of this “Top 10” list? What quote/s do you like best?
Are you familiar with Joyce Meyer and/or own any of her books?
Do you have any quotes about confidence that you would like to share?