It’s the last day of January 2013 – how did this happen? Where did the time go?
I had so many plans to succeed this month, especially in better time management and blogging every day as part of the Ultimate Blog Challenge (UBC). It has truly been a busy month, primarily due to some of my instructional design work and multiple deadlines. I had to prioritize my time, and doing paid freelance work took priority over my “fun” blog writing!
Anyway, I thought I’d at least get in a final post for this first month of 2013, by looking back at some highlights (good and bad):
- January 1st – It was a bit of a melancholic day, as my hubby and I were still in the grieving stages, after saying goodbye to our canine companion of 12 years, Kita, on Dec. 18, 2012. We discussed the idea of adopting a new dog from the local human society, and decided that we really wanted to do that.
- January 3rd – I decided to post about our final goodbye to our Kita girl.
- January 5th – 6th – I completed the series I had started at the end of 2012.
- January 5th – We visited our local humane society and bonded with a puppy (more on her later!)
- January 8th – We returned to the humane society to adopt our new canine companion: almost 3-month-old hound mix fur baby with brindle markings. We named her Desiree Clementine – but just call her Desi most of the time.
- January 12th – My beautiful granddaughter Chloe turned 4 months old!
- January 13th – Desi turned 3 months old.
- January 20th – We learned that my husband’s dear grandmother, Edie, passed away after a brief illness; he was especially close to her and had spent weekends during hunting season last November staying at his grandparents’ house in northern Maine.
- January 25th – We celebrated Edie’s life and memory at a beautiful service and gathering afterward with family and friends; then just family members went to hubby’s grandparents’ house for a little while to reflect on Edie’s life.
- January 31st – Yes, today – we have had high winds, gusting up to 65mph, which knocked out our power, Internet, and cell phone service twice today, totaling about four hours or so. Definitely NOT conducive to doing work online – or even offline, since my laptop battery only lasts so long.
Anyway – that’s a summary of my month. One month of 2013, gone already. On to February tomorrow, with new opportunities to be more successful. How about you? How was your January?